Saturday 5 November 2011

Riders' agony ends


            I hate to boast, but (ahem) I did predict a 5-13 record for the Riders with 10 games remaining in the season.  This was when they were still 1-7 and Ken Miller had just taken over head coaching duties.
            At the time I had written: “Will Miller, who now has his hands in everything, turn things around?  With the lack of talent, I seriously doubt it.  Unless our receiving corps can improve considerably and our defence can make a miraculous resurgence, I still see a 5-13 season on the horizon.”
            Fortunately, Miller has now resigned, not only as coach, but as vice-president of football operations.  Unfortunately, it appears that Brendan Taman will remain as the General Manager (although changes could still happen).  Both of them share the unique inability to find talent south of the border.  With Taman at the helm, I predict another rough year.
            Now it looks like the BC Lions are going to go all the way.  For the first time in a long time, the team hosting the Grey Cup could actually win it.  If I really cared anymore, this might be something to write about.  But I don’t.
            Go Green Bay!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. With so many of your relatives in BC I'd-a thought you'd at least grudgingly give the Lions your support for the rest of the season. Cheering for an NFL team instead? Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! With so many of my unfaithful Rider fan relatives, you mean?? I guess it's kind of nice when you can switch teams, depending on who's doing better ;-)

    ReplyDelete